Sending Webpush Campaign
Finally, a way to speak directly to your web visitors. This is such a great tool in your marketing toolbox!
Web push are short notifications that appear at the top right corner of your screen. Use Optinize to share breaking news, promotions, and more with your web push subscribers (even when they’re not on your site).
You can send Web push blast or bring your customers back to your website with automation (see automation screen).
Managing Your Messages
On the main Web push screen, you can see the Web push campaigns you previously created. Clicking on the 3 dots next to your Web push message allows you to send or schedule the campaign, edit, preview, copy, organize in folders (“move to category”) or send a test Web push to see how it looks before sending.
Let’s get this ball rolling, first step after clicking “create new webpush” button is to provide the Web push title and to select the list/segment of people to would like to send the Web push to. You can always change this later, if you’d like.
Tip: If you’re just getting started with Web push, it is best to create a new segment to keep these contacts separate. Creating a fresh segment will enable you to quickly see how many people are utilizing your Web push option.
- Web push title is for you to easily understand what the Web push is about.
- List/segment is where you set to whom this Web push campaign will be sent. You can easily target a subset of contacts within your larger list if you’d like to send a particular message pertinent to their interests.
Note: All pre-existing segments will display via the drop down by default. These segments are created using the Advanced Search under the Contacts page.
Once set, click next to proceed to step 2.
On this step you create your web push message.
- Web push type is where you set the type of the Web push. There are 3 available options:
- Regular is used for web push blasts regardless to the customer behavior.
- Last product added to cart is used to display the last product added to cart by the customer and will varies from customer to customer. Use this option if you want to use the web push as part of an automation and not as a stand-alone web push campaign.
- Last visited product is used to display the last product viewed by the customer and will varies from customer to customer. Use this option if you want to use the web push as part of an automation and not as a stand-alone web push campaign.
- Direction is to set the text direction of the web push
- Logo type is where you select if you wish to upload a logo or use a URL to capture your logo.
- Add logo is where you can upload your logo size 150X150.
- Title is the main headline of the web push, consider it as the web push “subject line” as its main purpose is to state the offer.
- Message is where you give more details about the web push topic. This is where you give your customers reason to click.
- URL is the page where you want your customer to go to. Web push URL is used for customer that click on any place of the web push aside from the web push buttons.
- Add big image is where you turn your web push to a rich message. Upload an eye-catching image to grab your customer’s attention. Image size 1200X600.
- Add button one is where you can add a button to the web push with a call to action. Once clicked, add the call-to-action text and URL. Yes, this URL can be different from the web push main URL.
- Add button two is where you can point customers to different pages on your website.
Buttons and URL example.
The main web push URL can direct customers to the homepage, button one can point customers to your “on sale” page and button two can direct customers to a product page.
While adding your web push details you can see how it looks on the preview option to the right. You can switch between devices to better understand how different customers will see your message.
Once you’re happy with your web push settings, click “next” to go to the summary page.
The Campaign Summary will let you know if you have any last-minute issues to resolve. You can select “Save & Exit” if you’d like to return to your campaign later, Or, simply click “Send Now” to send your web push campaign!
Testing web push before sending is super easy. Once clicked on the “send test” a pop up will appear on the top left corner of your screen, click “allow” to get your test web push. Don’t worry, you only need to do it once.